Retail Sales Associate
Our Sales Associates bring this mission to life in the store. They are the face of the Hallmark brand to customers and vital to the success of Hallmark engaging with our shoppers to help them find and build the perfect card and gift solutions for the many days and ways in which they care. Our customers rely on Hallmark’s caring team to help them in locating the right card and gift for their current need, surprising them with new ways for connecting with those they love, as well as planning for future relationship needs and milestones.
Areas of Responsibility
THE SALES ASSOCIATE BRINGS HALLMARK’S MISSION TO LIFE BY:
- Creating and maintaining a warm, inviting, easy-to-navigate shopping environment.
- Forming and sustaining relationships with customers – getting to know them and their needs and providing excellent service.
- Building and sharing expertise on products, promotions, services, and brand rewards programs – relevant and customized to the unique and wide range of shopper needs, relationships, and occasions.
- Helping and affirming customers in finding the perfect card and gift solutions to fulfill their missions of caring and connecting.
- Sharing and showcasing stories and communities of caring to reinforce the cycle of kindness.
- Making the interaction easy and convenient for shoppers by effectively handling store operations -- product replenishment & merchandising, ringing sales, processing shipments, managing inventory, etc.
- Delivering an exceptional consumer shopping experience that leaves guests feeling inspired, enabled, affirmed, and eager to return.
- Working as a team to help meet the sales goals for the store by ensuring each customer leaves with everything they needed and a few things they didn’t know they needed!
Education / Experience Requirements
In order to be considered for this role, the following is required:
- 16+ years of age with appropriate work permit as required.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that meets the needs of the business, including, events, holidays, evenings and weekends.
- Ability to continuously stand/walk; frequently push/pull; occasionally bend/stoop/crawl/reach above shoulders/kneel; climb a ladder, and carry up to 40 pounds; i.e., fixture parts and cartons.
Your resume and application will stand out if you have:
- To be considered for a lead role you must be: 18+ years of age with work permit as required. 1+ years’ experience in retail, sales or customer service OR 6+ months experience in a Hallmark Corporate Store. Available to open and close the store a 3+ times per week and 2+ weekend shifts per month.
- Previous specialty retail experience.
- Love of the Hallmark brand.
- Ability to demonstrate strong customer-focused engagement and consultative selling skills.
- Demonstrated success working as a member of a team.
- Ability to receive feedback and take action when appropriate.
- Strong sense of urgency, flexibility and willingness to adapt to change.
- Desire and ability to learn the business.
- Proficiency and comfort using a computer and other technology.
How to Apply
Apply Online Today!