Hallmark Key Holder
Are you the person who wants to inspire meaningful relationships and enhance people’s lives? Do you like to celebrate others? Do you take pride in everything you do? If so, we’re looking for YOU to join our team!
Our Part-Time Sales Leaders bring this mission to life in the store. They are the face of the Hallmark brand to customers and vital to the success of Hallmark engaging with our shoppers to help them find and build the perfect card and gift solutions for the many days and ways in which they care. Our customers rely on Hallmark’s caring team to help them in locating the right card and gift for their current need, surprising them with new ways for connecting with those they love, as well as planning for future relationship needs and milestones.
Areas of Responsibility
- Modeling and coaching selling skills as well as sharing product knowledge to ensure all team members are up to date on products and offerings to meet customer’s relationship needs.
- Leading staff when the Store Manager is not available and providing feedback along the way.
- Conducting point-of-sale audits and assisting the Store Manager with other inventory management procedures.
- Communicating daily priorities, goals, and store and corporate communications while ensuring a dynamic, fun, and supportive team environment.
- Creating and maintaining a warm, inviting, easy-to-navigate shopping environment.
- Helping and affirming customers in finding the perfect card and gift solutions to fulfill their missions of caring and connecting.
- Making the interaction easy and convenient for shoppers by effectively handling store operations -- product replenishment & merchandising, ringing sales, processing shipments, managing inventory, etc.
- Delivering an exceptional consumer shopping experience that leaves guests feeling inspired, enabled, affirmed, and eager to return.
Education / Experience Requirements
- At least 18 years of age.
- One or more years of experience in retail, sales or customer service; OR at least 6 months experience in a Hallmark Corporate Store.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that meets the needs of the business, including, events, holidays, evenings and weekends.
- Availability to open and close the store 3+ times per week and 2+ weekend shifts per month.
- Ability to continuously stand/walk; frequently push/pull; occasionally bend/stoop/crawl/reach above shoulders/kneel; climb a ladder, and carry up to 40 pounds, e.g., fixture parts and cartons.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two or more years of previous experience in (specialty) retail, sales or customer service.
- Strong customer-focused engagement and consultative selling skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and employees.
- Demonstrated success working as a member of a team.
- Ability to receive feedback and take action when appropriate.
- Strong sense of urgency, flexibility and willingness to adapt to change.
- Desire and ability to learn the business.
- Proficiency and comfort using a computer and other technology.
How to Apply
You must show how you meet the qualifications (listed above) in a resume or document you upload, or by completing the work experience and education application fields. Principals only please. Accepted file types are Microsoft Word (DOC or DOCX), PDF, HTML, or TXT.