Hallmark Sales Associate
Are you the person who wants to inspire meaningful relationships and enhance people’s lives? Do you like to celebrate others? Do you take pride in everything you do? If so, we’re looking for YOU to join our team!
At Hallmark Gold Crown, we believe that it is our mission to help change the world, one moment, one celebration, one relationship at a time. We take this mission seriously. Our customers invite Hallmark into their lives to help them show how much they care – to commemorate life’s most special occasions, provide comfort through-life’s most trying times, and the everyday moments in between.
Our Part-Time Sales Associates bring this mission to life in the store. They are the face of the Hallmark brand to customers and vital to the success of Hallmark engaging with our shoppers to help them find and build the perfect card and gift solutions for the many days and ways in which they care. Our customers rely on Hallmark’s caring team to help them in locating the right card and gift for their current need, surprising them with new ways for connecting with those they love, as well as planning for future relationship needs and milestones.
Areas of Responsibility
- Creating and maintaining a warm, inviting, easy-to-navigate shopping environment.
- Building and sharing expertise on products, promotions, services, and brand rewards programs – relevant and customized to the unique and wide range of shopper needs, relationships, and occasions.
- Helping and affirming customers in finding the perfect card and gift solutions to fulfill their missions of caring and connecting.
- Sharing and showcasing stories and communities of caring to reinforce the cycle of kindness.
- Making the interaction easy and convenient for shoppers by effectively handling store operations -- product replenishment & merchandising, ringing sales, processing shipments, managing inventory, fulfilling Hallmark.com orders, doing curbside deliveries, etc.
- Delivering an exceptional consumer shopping experience that leaves guests feeling inspired, enabled, affirmed, and eager to return.
- Working as a team to help meet the sales goals for the store by ensuring each customer leaves with everything they needed and a few things they didn’t know they needed!
Education / Experience Requirements
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (required to be considered):
- At least 16 years of age with ability to meet work permit requirements, if applicable.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that meets the needs of the business, including, events, holidays, evenings and weekends.
- Ability to continuously stand/walk; frequently push/pull; occasionally bend/stoop/crawl/reach above shoulders/kneel; climb a ladder, and carry up to 40 pounds, e.g., fixture parts and cartons.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One or more years of previous experience in (specialty) retail, sales or customer service.
- Strong customer-focused engagement and consultative selling skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and employees.
- Strong sense of urgency, flexibility and willingness to adapt to change.
- Ability to receive feedback and take action when appropriate.
- Proficiency and comfort using a computer and other technology.
How to Apply
You must show how you meet the qualifications (listed above) in a resume or document you upload, or by completing the work experience and education application fields. Principals only please. Accepted file types are Microsoft Word (DOC or DOCX), PDF, HTML, or TXT.