Primary responsibility of a Sales Associate of Torrid is to assist in achieving store objectives with regards to sales and shrink, and serve customers using Selling Skills.
Areas of Responsibility
- Uses Selling Skills
- Provides a shopping experience that will encourage customers to return by demonstrating good product knowledge, friendly personal presentation, and professional handling of difficult situations
- Covers the sales floor zone as assigned
- Performs cash register functions as required and ensures accuracy and efficiency
- Shares fashion knowledge and information with customers and members of store team
- Assists with planogram changes including store map, wall, fixture, merchandising mix, etc.
- Follows the visual standards for proper presentation, and housekeeping standards or cleanliness and neatness
- Communicates fashion trend information to management and respective HQ partners
- Complies with loss prevention policies and procedure
- Is aware of activities on the selling floor, informs management of suspicious activities and appropriately responds to these activities as necessary
- Understands and complies with Company policies and procedures
- Assists in the organization of backroom including stocking and arranging products and supplies
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Works and communicates well with others, regardless of position, to achieve best results
- Appropriately represents the store to customers and co-workers
- Maintains professionalism at all times
- Takes direction well and follows though with SM/ASM on assignments
- Takes responsibility for own performance and consistently meets commitments
Education / Experience Requirements
Experience & Education
- Previous retail store experience preferred
- Knowledge of music and fashion
- Minimum of 18 years of age
Competencies & Skills
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Can do attitude and a team player
Physical Requirements (with or without reasonable accommodation)
- Able to stand and walk around during scheduled hours
- Able to pack /unpack shipments, arrange and move store fixtures and merchandise packages weighing up to 50 pounds
- Able to reach for merchandise using the ladders, step stool, merchandise retrieving pole, shoe pole, etc.
- Able to use store equipment including cash registers, sensors, cutters, scissors, hand truck, etc.
- Able to remain calm and focused under pressure
How to Apply
Apply Online Today!